RBTA on the move!!!

csrobe02

Ive had my RBTA for a little over a month now and it has never moved from where I put it. Today I noticed it moving! It is half way across the tank now from where it was (not too far... tank is only 24" long).
Is this something to worry about? Ive read that they move when they are unhappy, I dont want my anemone to be unhappy! Would this be a sign of it splitting? Because I noticed the other day that the foot had a figure-8 shape to it.

kpk

I don't know what the deal coulb be, but if it is splitting congrats. How big is your rbta? What lighting do you have?
Kyle

csrobe02

I hope it is splitting! My male clownfish could use a better home than the ricordea he stays in, it looks like the "head" of it is starting to pinch in, so it just be my lucky day (knock on wood).
20 gal tank
(2) 75 watt VHO bulbs (actinic and 10,000k)
(1) 36 watt PC bulb (true actinic)
RBTA is probably about 5-6" from end to end.
I hope my cleaner shrimp dont mind... the anemone just kinda booted them out of their cave that they have chilled in since I got the tank a year ago :thinking:

kpk

Well hopefully it is splitting, that would be a lucky day(knock on wood)...lol
I don't think there is much your cleaner shrimp can do about the anemone in there home, haha.
Have you grown that monti caps to that size in a year, how big is it and how big was it?

csrobe02

I pretty much bought the monti cap that size. I have had it for 4 months and it has shown significant growth (especially around the base). It is probably 4" across, not too big... but just right for a 20 gal =)
I have a 175w MH ordered that I should have by friday hopefully. I want to see faster growth in my SPS =)