RBTA Question

shnabbles

The one i just got is moving on the the rock i placed him...
His is now off the top flat part of the rock and is now on the side of the rock and working his way down... There is a cave under the rock he is on so he is crawling into a cave basically, and is now almost upside down but still holding on to the tank...
Is his foot strong enough to hold him upside down? Will it relize there is no light in the cave and work his way back up?
P.S. It has already started hosting my maroon clown in less then 30 minutes!

dogstar

Its normal. Bubble tips will move around in the rocks till they find a place they like. Mine whent into the rocks for a couple of weeks befor it came back out. They like their foot up under rocks and then stretch out into the light.
Is the anemonie a lot bigger than the clown fish? Clowns can beat them up too bad if the anemonie is too small.

shnabbles

No the anenome is actually a pretty desent size..... It looks like its planted its foot on the under side of the rock... its fully open upside down, with the clown swimming in it... its getting almost no light at all...... i just dont want it to die because its not getting light.

shnabbles

Should i try feeding it a raw crill?
Ill take pics later alot of back glare on it now.

[hr]
never mind that cant reach down and turn my hand up back wards to feed it.... + i think he stung me!! feels like a paper cut on my finger

shnabbles

na i dont think it was the clown he swam off for a minute when i first put my hand down there....
great now its crawling farther back under...
Im just worried cause months ago i had a pink tip craw back there and then it died!
I hope RBTA's are hardier.

dogstar

Get those long plastic black tongs they sell at the LFS and feed the BTA with those. Just hold the krill in the tenticals and let it grab it. If its hungry it will grab it if not then wait a few days and try again.

shnabbles

It attempted to grab it but i guess it let it go.... the stomch opened up REAL wide though... Then the clown grabbed the krill and i thought it was gonna feed it, but the clown couldnt find the whole.. or he was just trying to eat it himself lol

wrassecal

I would wait to feed it until its finds his spot and stretches for the light. (unless it's still on the move after a week). What ligting and size tank do you have it in?