Rbta

tboy

hi
i just got a huge RBTA from a local guy and it is so cool.
it keep moving around everyday to find a spot and because of it's so big every she goes she bother all the corals around.
i have to move a lot of coral away from her but she keep moving and moving.
what should i do?
thank you

brewski4u1

i was thinking the same thing ! what if i get one and it decides to go for a walk? what happens to all the corals it touches! good question i'll be watchign for the answer!

spanko

All the coral in it's path are in danger. It will not settle where you want, only where it wants, and will keep moving until it finds it's sweet spot. This is why anemone's and coral together in a closed system is not the best idea, but it can be done. You just need to be aware of the possibilities.

reefmate75

anemones normally settle withen the frist 2 days, and they will stay there for a very long time enless "flow, lighting, food its getting" changes, so my frist question on why is it still moveing is whats your lighting, and its not true that it kills all corals it touchs, mine have camped out right under my leathers and they do fine there, also they do not purpusly walk onto corals that will sting them, like ive watched mine walk all the way around my plate coral instead of just walking over it, and my frogspawn seems to not mind my RBTAs eather, my condi stays in this huge shell i have, he never leaves it, i donno why he feels safe i guess, i can move that shell anywhere and hell not come out of it

tboy

yeah, actually my seem to stay now and hopefully it will stay.
my acro finally stating to show a little polyps.

reefmate75

ive seen clowns hosting Xenia, toadstools, finger leathers, torches, frog spawns, long tentacle plate corals, im sure theres others but the would be a good start

perfectdark

FWIW As a general rule anemones are not and should never be considered reef safe. This should help if and when you consider one, taking a look at your tank and wondering what if anything you are willing to part with or at least get damaged. Or how many coral frags can you move and how many wont move.