RC's 125 gallon "Revive" tank thread!

rcdude1990

Hey guys, as i stated in my previous posts, i havent paid much attention to my 125 in about 8 months due to school and work, but now im getting back into my 125! i was disappointed in myself for letting the tank get disgusting, filled with algea and no water changes, but now im back into the game! originally the tank has been set up for i would say 2.5 years
suprisingly my fish have been troopers and stayed with me through the whole dilema and after 1 week of recovering, they seem very happy! SO LET START IT UP
BEFORE:
A picture of the tank right before the huge clean and water change

its hard to tell from this picture, but there is algea on the front glass and a thick layer of algea on the back. the top was full of salt creep which some of it seems to be permanetly stuck to the tank (but luckly i got most of it off) for the past 6 months ive notice these small starfish and small shelled things that i thought were snails start to appear everywhere in the tank; anyone have an idea to what they are? as you can see on the glass there are a lot of tiny starfish things so as i cleaned the tank i removed a lot of them from the tank. also the wet/dry below was dirty to
AFTER: 2/24/12

Fully scrubbed clean, 20% water change, wet/dry, protein skimmer, powerheads, sand bed, basically everything was cleaned! The water change took about 3 hours to do in total and when it was all done it was a huge relief. i havent done it in a long time, but i finally got to lay down o the couch and enjoy the tank.
prior to all the water change and stuff, i purchased a RODI unit and 2 thule garbage cans (thanks to xcali and several other users for there suggestions) and set up a whole water change and top off station in my garage

this was probably the best thing i could buy for my tank, although i only did about 10 gallons for the water change, i already notice a huge difference with the water, should done it before i even started the tank but i consider it a lesson learned.
aside from the RODI unit, yesturday i recieved my 2 new Vortech MP40w ES pumps which ive been waiting for anxiously!
although its the first night with the new pumps on (which i have set to Long pulse mode) the fish seem a lot more active, swimming in and out of the rocks as if its a roller coaster haha. of course i have the speed set to about 50% so that the fish can get use to it slowly.
as for the future i plan to get a few corals, nothing to crazy, but i love the corals that are able to sway with the water, i believe those are soft corals? i will do some research of course before i go out and buy coral, but i still have 3 more bi weekley water changes to do before i go. many people suggested tropic marine pro reef salt, which i currently use as my water change salt mix so hopefully 4 water changes will help the process.
cant wait to get back into it, and recieve feedback and help from everyone
just some random shots:

rcdude1990

But what do you use that sub-woofer for? :D jk

looks like the fish are happy again to me!
Lmao im a dj so i use it when i practice lol. Its funny how people notice the soeaker but not the 2 8 gallon glass jugs of whine hahah :rotfl:

rcdude1990

Lmaooo hahaha gotta keep it italian woth the home made whine and tomato sauce hahaha... Just got home and picked up a anenome and4 little fish, forgot the name righht now haha, pics to come