Rdsb/fowlr

johnnyd

i just added my remote deep sand bed to my fowler tank tonight. i have 3 nems in it for the clowns i so want to drop nitrates, and reduce algea growth from the high nitrates. i used a 5g bucket with pvc and maxijet 1200. i post some pics tonight. going to see how much it reduces my nitrates. i have heard these work really well.

R

rcreations

It will take it a while to start working but it will help.

aquaknight

Hopefully it works out. Curious to hear how it does. How much of the 5gal is filled (depth wise), and any idea about what the flow rate through the bucket is?

johnnyd

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2875745
Hopefully it works out. Curious to hear how it does. How much of the 5gal is filled (depth wise), and any idea about what the flow rate through the bucket is?
about 10 inches of sand and about 2 inches of water flowing over the sand. the flow rate is a maxijet 1200 about 295gph but it goes up pipe a little so it probs loses a few gallon rates, but use 1 inch pve i bought 1/2 inch uniseals so i used 1/2 pvc which is to small so i had to throttle back the maxjet so the drain pipe could keep up and not overflow the bucket.