Re: 55 gallon aggressive tank...

kimry1

okay, so i'm setting up a 55 gallon, acrylic rounded corner, aggressive tank...is my tank too small to have a leopard shark, a stingray, and maybe a trigger, or one other kind of fish?? I'm running 3 powerheads, an aqua clear 300, protein skimmer, and thinking about an eheim...okay one more thing, should i invest in an eheim? I don't have any kind of filtering, besides the protein skimmer and aqua clear... :confused:[/LIST][/LIST]

kimry1

okay...excuse me for my not knowing...but from reading the other messages i've answered my own question on getting a leopard shark...damn!...looks like i need to get a bigger tank...okay so if i don't get that shark...is there any shark that'd be adequate in a 55 gallon...so if i get say a stingray...by the way are will a stingray be happy in a 55 gallon??...so can a stingray, a clown trigger, an eel, and maybe one other fish get along?? If so what would be another good fish?? Excuse me for my unknowing...but i am slowly but surely learning...
thankyou

none of those fishes can be housed in a 55. you can probably keep an undulate and a eel. sharks, rays and clowns need more than a 55. For filtering you should try looking into a sump you can keep your skimmer, heater, carbon all in the sump under tha tank.

gq

Kimry1,
I also have a 55 tank with the ehiem filteration as well as the proclone protein skimmer with 2 powerheads in my tank. In my opinion i would go with a more com tank for the more fish if you wanted to go with the agg fish then go with less fish and stat off small. I currently have a damsel, clowns and today i may pick up a snowflake eel. But just remember not to over crowd your tank. Good luck and hopefully i could help
ALSO I MAY GET A BLACK TANG

eric18

kirmy,
the ay would need almost the same size tnak as the ell and as for putting a trigger with a shark u cant do that either, the eel would eat the sharks cartilidge. o ya and the tanks to small for a trigger too.

mark-24

Eels don't eat cartilage. And a 55 gallon tank is honestly too small for an aggressive tank. But a 55 gallon is a pretty good sized tank for a community tank.
-Mark