Re-establishing my 15 gal. Biocube, need advice

antwon

Hello! So mentioned above I own a 15 gallon biocube that has been out of commission for a few months now, but I want to get it started back up. My main goal is to stock it with one or two anglerfish or some kind of scorpionfish (my 72 bow has small fish and inverts so I can't keep anglers or scorps in there). I really like sea goblins, but I think they need a bit larger tank to b kept for awhile,but I think I could house one or two small anglers or leaf fish in there. What are your thoughts/opinions? Thanks!

mr. limpid

Most Angler's require a 20 to 30 gallon tank and one of the the smalller angler Red/Orange can grow to about 6". If you try one I would only have one and go with the smallest type. Sea Goblin's requires a 50 gallon or larger tank and when they say larger i recommend larger.

antwon

Yeag thats what I thought...ive seen some really tiny anglers available on DD, so I thought about getting one like an inch long or less and just keeping him in there. Thanks for the help!

mr. limpid

Ya, that is when they are young, need to research them to find out how big they get when they grow up.

antwon

Well I know brown/red anglers can grow upwards of a foot.ive seen some small wartskins, but they get to like 8 inches...i think a.commersons stays relatively small

mr. limpid

wartskins does say 6" but requires 70gal tank, commersons get to about 15" and require a 100 gal tank, need to better research. I'm not really knowledgeable about anglers but if you look them up you may find one that will work in your tank. Good luck