Ready for fish?

aceroc

My tank has been set up for about a month. I did my tests today and here are my results.
1.026 sg
Temp - 80
PH - 8.2
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20
Should i start out with some Inverts and see what happens?

ebsochin

Inverts would be a good start as you should start seeing some diatom outbreaks soon. Did you see any spike in your amonia during your cycle? How much LR do you have? What size tank? Just some questions to see where you are at with your cycle.

bigarn

Looks good .... yep, I'd start with a clean up crew and wait a week or so, if they're doing good and your water parameters remain good you can add a fish.

aceroc

Yes a saw a spike in my ammonia about a week or 2 ago and started to go down as i did tests. I have a 75gal with 60lbs of live rock and i have another 60lbs comming that i ordered.

ebsochin

Looks good so far. You could start to add fish if you'd like. I would go with some inverts first and maybe 1 or 2 small fish. Don't shock your system by adding a lot at once. Space the additions out.

aceroc

What are some good inverts or fish to add? I am going to add 2 clown fish, blue hippo tang and porbably a blenny once i know for sure my tank is staying steady.

ebsochin

Like you said, wait on the hippo until the tank has been established for awhile. They are very prone to disease and stress.
As far as inverts, snails, snails, and more snails. Nassarius snails are good, turbos are good. Get a few hermits, don't mix the scarlet and blue leg...they will fight. Peppermint shrimp are cool, cleaner shrimp, coral banded shrimp...but they can get agressive. Emerald crabs are pretty sweet too.
As far as the fish go, clowns are very hardy. I would go with a bicolor blenny or midas blenny. They are awesome. Have fun setting it up. Keep us posted with pics...we love to see eye candy!

tripleshot

I wouldnt add any fish till after you get your other 60lbs of lr unless it is fully cured. cuz your tank will cycle again..

aceroc

yes it is fully cured so i should be ok right? I plan on getting a few Blue leg hermits and wait til after my other 60lbs to add fish.

tripleshot

As long as the rock is fully cured it will be just fine. What i do if im gonna go to the lfs to buy a peice of rock or two. I will get a 5galon bucket put some salt water in it and take it with me. That way the rock isnt out of water.. than just put rock in my tank when i get home...