treble

What would be a healthy tank size for
1, Undulated Triggerfish
2, Blue Spot Male Boxfish
3, Snowflake Eel
4, Clown Tang
I was thinking a 150-200 gallon tank. What do you guys and gals think? Evan

treble

Thanks for the reply Bo, why do you say my selection is shifty? I know that the undulated triggerfish is extremely agressive, but hopefully its genes will be in my favor on this one. If not I will continue my serch. Yet this is still a ways away, just the beginning stage of planning so any more suggestions are welcome. I still have to build the tank :D

fish boy

the box fish is very slow so the other fish will get all the food
also the trigger might stress it out leading to it realsing poisings in the tank

grouperhead

Undulates are jekyll/hyde type fishes. Passive at one moment, vicious the next. I wouldn't keep a boxfish with any aggressive fishes, and the undulate and clown tang are two of the most aggressive species of their respective families. Bo

treble

My boxfish that I have now that will be the first addition to the tank. I suppose it would be a definate problem. He is very agressive to my snowflake eel, wrasse, and pufferfish right now. I am wondering if he will be the same when he is mixed with other large agressors such as himself. Thanks for those replys Fish Boy and Bo, any other opinions and comments are welcome!

beach bum

In my opinion keeping an undulate in a community means having a bigger, badder fish than him. In the hierarchy of fish there is only one 'ruler' and if it's the trigger your others are doomed eventually. Since you already have the boxfish and snowflake why not try a less disagreeable trigger? Dottybacks and groupers are beautiful too, good for mixed tanks. fwiw

treble

Would it not be so that the bigger bolder clown tang would keep him in line? Or is there even the possiblity that the Undulated Triggerfish will not be that agressive? I have herd of such occurances... Thanks, Evan