Really helpful idea!

G

gdavies

Hello all, so I have read a lot of posts from people who are having fish problems but with all the LR and "stuff" in there tanks there is no easy way to remove the fish for quarantine or treatment.
WELL... I have a great way to solve this problem which is fairly easy and VERY effective.
So what I do is every time I feed my fish whether its dry or frozen I always start off by putting it all in a net. With the food in the net I let it hang in the aquarium for 3 or 4 minutes (just at the top of the water so that it gets all the fish interested). Then I slowly lower the net into the water and allow the flow from my tank to circulate the food around. After about 2 weeks of doing this, my fish began to recognize the net and would swim up to it to get fed, so when I put it in the tank they no longer went into hiding. Now when I put my net in the water, even if it doesn't have food in it my fish will swim right in, no problem. It works wonders.
Let me know what you think and how it works for you, good luck!
:happyfish G. Davies

doglvr

I trained my Scooter Blenny to feel safe in a small plastic box so I could move him to a new tank without netting & having to remove LR, etc. :joy: