really low to no lighting at all corals.

clim221

can anyone give me a list of corals that require little to no light at all? and also some that wont get eaten by triggers or angels?

npage

Sun corals require no light.
Not sure if a trigger would make a snack of it or not. They do look tasty.

quakstar

I would not put any type with either angel or triggers there is an occasional angel that might work like some random coral beauties, fire angels, such as that but i can not honestly think of a common trigger that would work with corals unless you have some cross hatches or a queen those might be ok with some corals such as
zoos
xenia
bubble coral
sun coral (dendrophyllia)
and most leathers
but most coral require at least some good PC's
PS what are peoples opinions on dendrophyllias?

joebob7

i guess you could have the corals above if you fed them a lot
how much lighting is in the tank?
watts per gallon

perfectdark

Some no or low light corals? Well depending on your current lighting even low light ones need enough to produce some amount of photosynthesis so depending on the depth of your tank and the type of lights you have you may not be able to keep low light corals. But no light corals... sun coral, deep sea gorgonians and chili corals are some. There maybe more not sure though

clim221

i have a deep sea gorgian and a chili and none of my angels or triggers pick on them, right now its just 1 watt per gallon a fish only tank very deep you cant reach your arm in there to touch the bottom. i have many non reef safe fish. i just wanna know what kind of corals i can get.

patandlace

The Bluethroat and Crosshatch Triggers are reef safe as well, for the most part. What kind of triggers and Angels do you have?

clim221

Originally Posted by patandlace
The Bluethroat and Crosshatch Triggers are reef safe as well, for the most part. What kind of triggers and Angels do you have?
i thought you would never ask :) possibly the most un reef safe fish one could ever own.
queen, blueline, clown and picasso triggers
blueface, queen, emperor, majestic angels
all in the same tank, and they all get along fine. :) with help and advice from a lfs owner thats been doing it for 20+ years.

clim221

Originally Posted by Clim221
i thought you would never ask :) possibly the most un reef safe fish one could ever own.
all in the same tank, and they all get along fine. :) with help and advice from a lfs owner thats been doing it for 20+ years.
i cant compress the pics to fit on here, i have pics on my myspace.

patandlace

Originally Posted by Clim221
Wow. How long have they all lived together? I definately wouldn't add corals to that tank. But then again I would never have put those fish together either. How big are these fish? And the tank? Just because they can coexist now I wouldn't count on them being friendly forever.

clim221

Originally Posted by patandlace
Wow. How long have they all lived together? I definately wouldn't add corals to that tank. But then again I would never have put those fish together either. How big are these fish? And the tank? Just because they can coexist now I wouldn't count on them being friendly forever.
6 months now, 240 gal, their all about 3-4 inches, emperor and blueface is a little bigger.

clim221

it took alot of careful planning, moving rocks around, and precise order, also knowing your fish and how they behave, not all triggers are assholes, same with angel fishes.