rearranging my rock work

dieselndix

well, got my 55g tank and about 55-60 lbs of LR. I have been setup for about 6mths and doing well, adding the usual beginner stuff...mushrooms, leathers, polyps....anyway...
I am having issues with my rock setup. I dont think I layed it out very well in regards to being able to add corals and the rocks they come on.
my questions are:
...what moves do you recomend?
...will it cause an issue to pull everything out (except for CC) and start over?
...if I am that far, is it worth pulling CC?
...wont re-cycle or anything weird like that if I move all the rocks?
thanks, I am stuck..
I dont mind the way it looks, but there arent any places to put corals where they wont fall..

dieselndix

what can i do to get the new corals I get to stick on the rocks? I dont have room to just place them anymore

W

winstew

I like the rockwork as well, b ut I can see how you might need more "shelf" space.
I changed mine around a bit and made it so I had a couple platforms to place some stuff. It works alot better now. Super glue Gel or fraggers glue will work, but every coral is different as far as needs and shapes so you might want to wait to rearrange until you pick that new coral out that you want.

seannmelly

You have some very nice pieces of rock that will make it easy for you to rearrange them. I would try to make it look a little bit more natural, like having craves and crevices for your fish to get through, but without making it look obvious that you made them. Also, if you have flat pieces which it looks like you do, try using them to make shelves at different levels so you will have more room to put pieces of coral. Because to tell you the truth, we have a 125 with close to 250lbs of lr, and that's what our problem is. We have alot of pieces on the sand that I would like to see other places.
And for your new pieces of coral that you want to stick to rocks, you can just use super glue to glue them to the piece of live rock. The gel kind works the best, just dry the rock off where you want to put the coral and dry the part of the coral where you are going to apply the glue put glue on both sides and stick together.

supalupa

Go to reefvideosdotcom and watch the mounting and pegging segment to learn how to mount corals where you want them.