Recent cleanup order from SWF.com

safaripilot

Sunday night I ordered 15 Mexican turbos, 10 Blue hermits, 10 red hermits, a cleaner shrimp, and a CB shrimp. THe order came @ 11:00 A..M. Tueday after being shipped Monday. Everything came alive and well; however, the water was very cold when it came (probably around mid 50's) and I acclimated very slowly. The CB shrimp is great. He is very active and is eating tons of algae. THe cleaner shrimp seems healty and is mostly hiding at this point. THe mexican turbos are huge and have not stopped eating the green algae since put in. I have a 125 that I left the algae grow on the back side and on the LR and they have nearly eaten 1/3 of it already! THey are definitely the best snails. I'm a little dissapointed in the hermits. THey are very, very, small and about 1/2 of the red ones seem somewhat slow to get around. I'm not sure about their health at this point. Overall, satisfied with the order. I ordered 50# live rock to cycle my tank 1 month ago and was happy with it. I'm into my 40th day now and the tank is finally cycled. I can't believe these people that claim they cycle theirs in 9 days. Now, to get all of the CC out of my tank and locate some Southdown sand! Slowly will be adding a yellow tang, blue tang, Flame hawk, blue star, coral beauty, clowns and maybe some anenomes. Staying away from triggers, puffers, and groupers so I can have a peaceful tank. :)

striker

Just got my order last week. Was suprised to see how small the blue legs were and happy to see how large the mexican trochus snails were. I think the hermit and red legs are slow but look nice. As long as they're eating I'm happy. The only thing I missed out on was a cleaner shrimp but that will come with my next order. Be careful when you get a blue star. Acclimation is supposed to be about 12hrs for them I heard. take care, frank.

crazyelvis

Never hurts to have small crabs, less chance of them killing a turbo snail for its shell... All of my crabs are small , and they do good work regardless...

jimi

Dont worry about the tiny blue legs, they will be bigger in a short time after they eat you snails and red legs. I got a clean up crew from this site last July I knew of they blue legs reputation but hesitantly added them anyway. Now 8months later I think I have two red legs out of the 12 from this site and the ones I had before and 7 snails out of the 20 or so I had. I watched these tiny

[hr]
pulling red leg hermits out of their shells and snails too. Dont let their size fool you. When I decide to order more snails and red legs all of the blue legs I can catch are going down the toilet.

bigeyedfish

I've never had a problem with the tiny blue legs i have. I had a major problem with burgundy hermits. They killed a bunch of snails and ate a ton of my coralline algae. No more hermits for me. I going the snail route. I think the golden rule of reefkeeping is "What may work for one, may not work for another".