recent pics.(it can be done sumpless)

bill109

hello i havent posted pics in a longgg timeeeeee. my tank is sumpless and i havent seen to mnay of those around her with larger reef tanks.
so here u go.. let me know what u think..

anonome

My tank is sumpless also. I am working on hiding the pumps with a plexiglass screen per say. Or should I say my other half is working on this.
It can definately be done, good to see that I am not the only one.

matt b

sweet tanks!! i am also trying sumpless after my leak!!! im doing a hob skimmer and in tank fuge and thats it. i would post pix but i dont want to put your tanks to shame. ive got some SWEET rock!!!!

i absolutely love your tank!! AMAZING> i dont have a sump either an i never knew if it could actually be done and look as great as everyone else.. and now i know.. love it.. many kudos to you my friend

bill109

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/2461965
My tank is sumpless also. I am working on hiding the pumps with a plexiglass screen per say. Or should I say my other half is working on this.
It can definately be done, good to see that I am not the only one.
how often do u change ur carbon?

groupergenius

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2461969
sweet tanks!! i am also trying sumpless after my leak!!! im doing a hob skimmer and in tank fuge and thats it. i would post pix but i dont want to put your tanks to shame. ive got some SWEET rock!!!!

Ha, sounds to me like yer skeered.

I know of someone on this forum using undergravel filters and still having great success.

anonome

I change my carbon...Kent Marine Reef Carbon, every 2 wks. This is very important for me because I have hard and soft corals, (leathers included). I also run poly filters to help with any chemical warfare. These are changed out monthly.

bill109

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/2461995
I change my carbon...Kent Marine Reef Carbon, every 2 wks. This is very important for me because I have hard and soft corals, (leathers included). I also run poly filters to help with any chemical warfare. These are changed out monthly.
ut oh.. i havent changed my carbon yet.. this is about 3/4 of a year.. lol
everything is fine tho.. so i havent been asking.. should i change it now? cus y fis it if nothing is broken.. plus im afraid tht if i change it now. my tank will be a mess im going to have it tale it out then unplug it..
one other thing i thought was if u take out the old cartridge u loose all the bacteria and tht would do no good cus it would take away the purpose of cycling ur tank..?
but is it a filter cratridge? just brand name?
what are poly filters.
Thanx in advance.

sman

I would change the carbon, after 2 to 4 weeks it gets "full". It looses the ability to hold on to all that nasty stuff it pulled out of the tank, and will eventually begin realeasing all of it back into the water. I dont belive it holds much if any good bacteria, thats what ceramic rings are for.