Recent pics of my 20L

yerboy

Originally Posted by bs21
lokkin great! what type of clowns? juvenile b&w percs?
Thanks guys
yah i got those about 3-4 months ago.

yerboy

Originally Posted by coraljunky
Great setup
Sixlines love flatworms.
I have read that before and have been looking for one. Just the other day my LFS got 1 and only 1 in but he doesn't look to healthy so im afraid to buy it and have it die on me.

azfishgal

I love 20L, it's such a nice size for the smaller end tanks. And you've done a great job, can't see the flatwarms, so it looks good to me.
Of course a Sixline would look great in there, but I agree, wait for a healthy one before buying.

yerboy

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I love 20L, it's such a nice size for the smaller end tanks. And you've done a great job, can't see the flatwarms, so it looks good to me.
Of course a Sixline would look great in there, but I agree, wait for a healthy one before buying.
If you look close around the rocks and such you will see dark spots or shadows, thats groups of flat worms.

yosemite sam

Nice stuff. I'd keep any eye on your crocea clam, it's pretty brown, and in the second to last picture, it doesn't look like it's growing (there's no white shell at the rim, which is the new growth). The derasa next to it looks like it is growing, at least it looks like there's some white shell along the rim. If clams aren't growing, it's a bad sign. What kind of lighting do you have?

yerboy

here is what i have laying around and i have been thinking of doing to this tank.
20" 70W mh
2 150w and a 250w mh pendant that are on my 265 gallon that i never turn on because there are no corals in it and it has 4x95 watt pcs over it. Just to much evaporation and lighting for just a FOWLR imo.
I have thrown around the idea of gutting my 65wx2 fixture and 20" 70w fixture and building a canopy and placing those in it.
Or building a canopy and putting one of my 150w Mh pendants in it.
What you think would be the best idea for this tank.
Edit: I could even put my 250W over it

yosemite sam

I would go with the 150w pendant. If you enclose it in a canopy, you might have a heat issue, so it might be better to leave it open. If you get a 15k bulb, you could go without atinics.

mike22cha

Awesome tank! I was thinking of some day doing a 20g L and getting a 150w clamp one type MH and doing some SPS and Clams and stuff. I'd go with the 150w. I think 250w would be overkill

yerboy

sounds like a plan, i was just down in the garage looking at what wood i have left over from building my 265 gallons canopy and it looks like i have plenty.
The idea i have in mind for the canopy is starting the canopy about 6" above the front and the rear completely open and the sides covered. So its more or less a wooden box above my tank to hide this ugly pendant and doesn't completely cover the entire tank.
The pendant would rest about 15" above the water.
What do you think of this idea.

yerboy

Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
You can probably have the light closer than that. Just make sure to add some fans to the hood to keep air moving.
i have 2 CPU fans im going to put in it. Got them for my 265 gallon but it wasn't enough so i went with some cheap 10" fans from walmart
edit:
im getting started on this right now so check back in a few hours and i will have some pics of it. :D im excited been wanting to do this for a long time now and your post have giving me the motivation to get off my lazy butt and get to work.

yerboy

well its built and waiting on first coat of stain to dry... wow im a crappy carpenter. but its gonna work . hopefully the tank will look good enough to keep the attention off the canopy.

yerboy

ok its all setup and looking pretty good imo.
Im really impressed one how well it looks with Mh and i wish i had done it sooner. Any advice on acclimating everything to the new light? reduce normal photo period if so how much. I was running lights 12 hours so maybe that helps establish a baseline on were i should start.
Lights are around 8-10" off the water. Temp stayed around 78-80 before so im gonna keep a close eye on that as well.
I believe bulbs are 14k but not 100% sure