recent tank pics...37 gallon reef

the lobster has been in my reef for over a year...i keep him fed very well so he will stay away from others...so far, knock on wood, he has been a good boy
what is really neat about him is that he has a day time perch and a night time perch and as soon as the lights go out he runs all the way across the tank to his night time perch
also funny, i have 2 wrasses that go to their beds every night as soon as the light go out. they each go to the same spot every night and lay down until morning

hey is that mh 250 or 175? I got the same setup and looking for an upgrade. Does it distribute evenly, or are the sides darker?

stapler

Your tank looks awesome...I wasnt expecting to see that big of a change!

JMO...but you should add a background to your tank...it really makes a big difference.
stapler

Originally posted by midwest reefer
hey is that mh 250 or 175? I got the same setup and looking for an upgrade. Does it distribute evenly, or are the sides darker?

It is a Giesemann 150 HQI and the bulb is a megachrom 13k
Perfect for my tank size and I really like the bulb...i get good growth and its not completely white like the 10k.
Yes, It distributes evenly. The sides are a little darker but not dark. It's perfect for the xenia, and star polyps on the side, and the more demanding of light corals go towards the center. I just started keeping SPS in February but it seems to be going well so far. The cap i have is starting to grow and the acro has nice polyps. I got the acro from a friend and it was much more blue under his 20k but it seems to be getting some blue color back as time passes.
What I would really like to do is put two actinic T5 strips inside the giesemann. There is room for an 18in blub on each side. The draw back is that I would have to drill two holes in the side of my giesemann. Has anyone ever done this that can comment?