recently poured sand! Still cloudy!

codemaster

hey everyone! i just started up a 150 gallon tank, I added the right amount of salt and filled up the tank, and stirred that up, about 2 hours later, i added 110 pounds of sand, that was about saturday around 7 o clock, but its still cloudy. Do you guys no how long it ll take for the water to be clear again? I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP

rcdude1990

did u jus dump the sand in? or did u take the bag, put it on the bottom of thme tank, open alittle hole and spreaded it lightly and slowly?
if u jus dumped it in u caused a massive sandstorm, it will eventually settle

jasony

Originally Posted by codemaster
hey everyone! i just started up a 150 gallon tank, I added the right amount of salt and filled up the tank, and stirred that up, about 2 hours later, i added 110 pounds of sand, that was about saturday around 7 o clock, but its still cloudy. Do you guys no how long it ll take for the water to be clear again? I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP
i dumped in over 100 lbs of sand into my 150 fowlr withour rinsing it (my mistake) but eventually it cleared up crystal clear..just give it time..
mine started out looking like a liquid mudpie and in about 4 or 5 days it was crystal clear.

codemaster

thanks so much, i was worried thinking that i wasted all that time and water and salt on my mistake, I foolishly poured it in like a sandstorm haha, but thansk for your help!

xiaochew

Hello did you wash your sand?
if can turn on your filter and let it clear the dirt in the water.
I'm also too lazy to prewash the sand. :hilarious
normally take 3-5 days to clear