recomended protein skimmer for a 55 gal

badkharma

CPR isn't worth the money, IMO. I used to have it and I paid a bit more and went for the Aqua C remora - a world of difference. That is what I recommend.

klearstar

drew44,
I just switched to an AquaC Remora and it pulls a lot of smelly junk out of the water! It has been running for about a month and I am thrilled with it. I had a Seaclone and it was terrible. Stay away from those. Dont be afraid to spend a little more money and go for a quality product. In the long run you will save money and your fish will be much happier. Just my $.02:yes:

badkharma

Of course it works. You get what you pay for! I don't think there is a much better HOB skimmer out there...

cbrynolf

Try the Red Sea Prizm skimmer. a little noisy though I have nothing to compare it too. Pulls all of the nastiest little stuff out of the water. Really works great, just have to adjust every once in a while.
Chris

krowleey

Originally posted by chriscobb
You be better off purchasing a Red Sea for the money. IMO Seaclone is a waste of money and the CPR as well. Even ther overflows a worthless. Aqua C IMO aren't worth the money. It might look good, but does it work???

puff puff give

krowleey

CPR is high quality, a true business that is drivin by customer service, they are a great story out here in N CAL.