Recommend a skimmer

hi1369

Im sending my sea clone skimmer back after 2 weeks of trying to get it to work properly.it just put to many micro bubbles all over my tank.
can someone recommend a hang on skimmer for my 20 gallon long.

murph145

u could do a really nice skimmer like an aqua c remora... or u could get a prizm protein skimmer
the remora would be awesome but im sure a prizm would work fine

hi1369

if i was to go with the aqua c remora should i also get the filter box.it says its recommended to keep bubbles from escaping into your tank which i dont want.

murph145

hmmm u know i dont have experience with that skimmer but if that could be an issue then id say yes get it
when i had my old 100 i hated when micro bubbles got into the tank!

murph145

i used to runa prizm pro on my 100 and it did the job once i figured out how to tinker with it just right
do a google and check them out

R

reefermadn

Why not look at the Coralife Super Skimmer 65.
I have one on my wife's tank. Great skimmer for the price.
I also have the Model 125 on a 75 & the model 220 on another 75. They are all excellent equipment.

stanlalee

http://www.***********.com/IMD/protein_skimmer_aquac_nano_remora.jpg
aquaC nano remora. designed for 5-25 gallon tanks and isn't all bulky and hedious looking like a coralife 65 would be hanging on the back of a 20 gallon tank. cheaper and smaller than a regular aquaC but still within the size recommendation you need.

blizz75

I do agree that the coralife skimmers are a bit large but if you are running a sump they are a deal. I got one of the 65s for my 29g for $70 and it works great! The stuff it pulled out only an hour after installing it was amazing.

theappe

I have a prizm. It does the work. You can get a prizm or a coralife superskimmer also. I have no complaints on the prizm!

ynotminot

Originally Posted by ReeferMadn
Why not look at the Coralife Super Skimmer 65.
I have one on my wife's tank. Great skimmer for the price.
I also have the Model 125 on a 75 & the model 220 on another 75. They are all excellent equipment.

i agree..i have a 125 on a 90..works great..a little bulky for a hob..but still gets the job done way better than a sea clone
sea clone=ftw

hi1369

Ok well i ordered an aqua c remora and also got the overflow box with it.cant wait for it to show.hopefully i wont be dissapointed.

hi1369

Ok well i ordered an aqua c remora with the maxi jet 1200 and also got the overflow box with it.cant wait for it to show.hopefully i wont be dissapointed.