Recommend me a skimmer

jawz

OK im just setting up my 35 gallon tank, and got some christmas cash to spend for a skimmer towards my tank. I dont really wanna spend alot but something that will be what i pay for. Ive looked at the Super Skimmers, SS skimmers, and Berlin Airlifts, but the berlins might be too big for my tank im guessing. So what would u recommend?
Also can a tank be too skimmed?

aarone

Berlin airlift 60. Cheap and very reliable IMO
39.99 at most large retail fish stores (*****, petsmart)

aarone

BTW, i saw you say something about being to big. My skimmer right now sticks out of my hood. I plan on making my own hood for lights and for the skimmer. Another way you could go is with the same companies (red sea) Prizm skimmer, alot more expensive but works well.

jawz

hmm i aint loose on the budget so i got the Berlin Airlift 60, trying to grasp how much foam should be coming out, gettin real confused....

aarone

Foam is a normal thing with the airlift, as well as with most other skimmers. BTW my foam chamber is constantly full, there is really no way to keep get it to go down. unless youi take the top lid off of the skimmer.

seaclones are great skimmers. most people just had bad times with the older model. it had a couple flaws, and now people go by that....ya know. since then there have been modifications to the skimmer, and it is almost perfect now. if you look at it closely, it is the same concept of the berlin triple pass skimmer, only smaller. i would recommend the seaclone over a prizm, bak pak, or the in tank airstone powered skimmers any day. as long as it is kept clean, and adjusted properly, it will out perform all the skimmers i just mentioned(except the berlin turbo of course).
also, here's a good mod for the newer models.
get a small piece of plastic. cut it square to fit in the center tube. wedge it in the tube all the way at the bottom(of the tube, not the chamber below it). this will stop the tornado effect, and cause longer contact time for the bubbles in the water. this is used on the berlin skimmers, and is a crutial part of the skimmer.;)