Canopy
72x18x18
4 Inch Sandbed
100 Lbs + Live Rock Add More Later
Please Give Me The Type Of Lighting And How Many Bulbs
Thought About T5 Or T6 Lighting
Maybe A Few Clams Or Other Corals

ty williams

I have heard GREAT things about T5 fixtures w/ individual reflectors. I am currently debating between Aquactinics TX5, Tek, and ATI.

rdhanley

Originally Posted by Ty Williams
I have heard GREAT things about T5 fixtures w/ individual reflectors. I am currently debating between Aquactinics TX5, Tek, and ATI.
SO MANY CONFLICTING MATERIALS, I WISH THERE WAS A WEBSITE THAT TOLD WHAT A PERSON NEEDED FOR A SPECIFIC CREATURE
CLAM = WATTAGE OF T 5 LIGHTING

ty williams

I don't know if there is a website for wattage requirements since wattage doesn't matter. But there is a thread on -- listing the PAR values of various T5 bulbs.

rdhanley

Originally Posted by Ty Williams
I don't know if there is a website for wattage requirements since wattage doesn't matter. But there is a thread on -- listing the PAR values of various T5 bulbs.
I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A LIGHTING SYSTEM THAT WOULD SUFFICIENTLY ALLOW MYSELF TO PUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING INTO THE TANK
WANTING TO KNOW HOW MANY T5 UNIT BULBS NECESSARY FOR THIS SIZE TANK. HERE T5 PRODUCE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HEAT.

wangotango

Originally Posted by rdhanley
I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A LIGHTING SYSTEM THAT WOULD SUFFICIENTLY ALLOW MYSELF TO PUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING INTO THE TANK
WANTING TO KNOW HOW MANY T5 UNIT BULBS NECESSARY FOR THIS SIZE TANK. HERE T5 PRODUCE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HEAT.
IMO it would be better to go with two "columns" of 3' bulbs, and not rows of 60" bulbs (thats the biggest they come). The Aquactinics Constellation fixture has (14) 39w bulbs. You will not have any restrictions as to what you can keep with this setup. There are several people on this board that have this fixture that can tell you how they like it, but as a whole, Aquactinics makes awsome stuff.
-Justin