red algae

risker6

I have had my tank up now and running for 7 months now and recently in the last month i have accumulated red algae all over the bottom of my tank covering the sand i bought some phosphate remover packets but that doesn't seeem to be wprking if somebody could help me get rid of this problem that would be great i looks like crap

teresaq1

I used ultralife red slime remover. (its reef safe) cut down on my lights by an hour or so, and havent had any back. :yes:

risker6

Thnak you for your interest in helping me with my problem. Iwill give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanx again

risker6

theresa i tried the slime remover and didnt see a difference so i thought maybe i am leaving my lights on too long during the day and sure enough i was it is almost all gone. cut down on the lights by about 4 hours only have them on when i am home now before i would leave them on 8 to 10 hours a day thanx

djcanis

if you don't want to use chem's just syphon it out when u do water changes, it will naturally turn to other foms of algee over time, then just get a algee eater.