red algea out of control

chevcam

Does anyone know how to get rid of red algea it is all over the rocks , plants and it forms bubble on my live rock.

fishieness

are you talking about cyno bacteria?
if so make sure all these are good and it will go away
-dont have old bulbs
-dont overfeed
-have adequate flow throughout your tank
-good water parameters
-dont have your bulbs on for too long
-ect
to help out the process you can also siphone it out while doing water changes.

blemmy_guy

There is a great stuff called Chemipure ?? I think, ill look tomorrow for ya, works great with no side affects to your reef. I use it on customer tanks when im new to them and there having a problem with it!! Its great because the customers think i worked a miracle or something!! Anyway ill check on the name for ya .
Todd

chevcam

Thanks I would appreciate that info. I use ro/di water all my water readings are good.
PH 8.3
Amonia 0
Nitrate 10 or below
I do water changes twice a month just to freshen water not because of nitrate.
every time i try to clean it off my rocks and plants it seems to spread.

fishman72b

WOW. i had this SAME EXACT PROBLEM
i bought Ultra Life Red Slime Remover from www.***********.com
GONE IN 2 DAYS
I WOULD GET THIS STUFF
WORKS WONDERFULLYYY
all your stats SEEM to be good.. if you would check your phospahtes, the would be through the roof (i speak from personal experience) ;)

1journeyman

Fishman, just so you know, out of respect to the company here that hosts this forum links to competitors' sites are not allowed.
Chemicals might help, but you still need to find the cause of the stuff. Have you tested for phosphates? As I understand it, Cyano feeds off of phosphates too.
Also, how much water movement do you have? Slow moving water can be a big culprit.

dirkdaplr

I had the same problem and am just experiencing relief. The problem for me was two-fold. I had high phosphates and bad bulbs.