Red bugs

emmitt

Ok, I look at my tank today and all of a sudden the front glass has 30-40 red bugs on it. I have never seen them before and I look all day, definitely not there before today. I have no sps in my tank and havent added anything at all in about 3 months. What gives? where did they come from?
What do i do? too many snail, crabs and shrimp for interceptor and i dont see them on my lps just the glass so i cant do a dip, What do i do???

emmitt

Cant get a pic to show them, way too small for my crappo camera. Definitely not flatworms though. With a magnifying glass, I can see them running around pretty clear. Can see the antennae even, they are tiny little red pods which i understand are red bugs??
I thought they were bad, at least for sps. Cant find anything about lps or softies.
They are right in front of my all time FAVORITE sun coral. I cant see any on it but i dont want them messing with it!

puffer32

I have them also, like I said, they are pods, I have reddish colored ones, white and tan ones. they are beneficial, we saw our mandrin eating them before and he only eats pods.

emmitt

Thank you.
So you dont think they are red bugs? Are red bugs only on sps? if so i guess these couldnt be red bugs then. Never heard of red pods before :notsure:

viper_930

I don't know what they are, but they're definitely not red bugs. Those are only found on SPS corals.

emmitt

Thank you very much viper, makes me feel MUCH better

It's weird, I look at the tank from that exact spot every night after my daughter goes to sleep for like an hour and have never seen 1, then boom, today a ton of them. :notsure:

emmitt

They are pretty red, more bright than dark. Even though they are TINY, i immediately noticed them the second i sat down. Freaked me out a little