Red Chili coral for trade western new york

fallnhorse

I have a red chili coral. For about a year now. When he comes out at night he's about 5" long with arms out long. When goes in the morning only about 3". His arms have grown more complex. But I have a 55 gallon tank and half is bright and his half is dark for him. It keeps balance of nutrients from being too abunted. But i would like to get rid of him and brighten my whole tank up. Any in western new york would like to trade something for him? I live in belmont 60 miles south of buffalo.

rykna

Are you willing to ship???? I;ve been looking for a chilli coral. How much do you want for it, would you like to trade or?????Let me know, thankyou.

fallnhorse

i'll ship it if you guys tell me how. I know over night problay, right? How much does it cost? Which company to use? I'll problay should pack him in a styerofoam container and double plastic bag. Sound right? When you say heat packs. Are those the hand warms like you get at outdoors store. You shake them and they heat. He's a deep ocean coral maybe heat shouldn't be as much as a problem? Tell me what to do and i think i feel confident enough to ship him.
I would like something easy to keep and photosyhtntic(or doesn't mind light). Maybe small kenya tree would be nice, problay not likely. Or a cool mushrooms a couple maybe. Or zoos, something beyond brown with a green center, have lots of them.
Ps: Would trade some python zoos for something different. Some have 15 polpys some have 4. I"ll try to get pictures. They are multplying like crazy. really cool. Got some cheatos i would like to get rid of too.

rykna

Well, I have never shipped myself, but I just recieved so cup corals from becool, He wrapped the little guys in set new paper and then put them in bags with and and tied with rubberbands. The bags were put in a home made box of insulation. You could use a styrafoam cooler, the kind you put pop in for the beach. he packed they nice and snug and then put into cardboard box and shipped it priotrity mail. You can get the heat bags at walmart, or so I have heard.....there are threads on here about them....I haven't tried that yet either. I have some awesome xenia that i could send you in trade, I don't have much else.....oh I could divided up my green star polyps too....not much else has spred yet. I have a few green buttons......but thats about it would be willing to pay shipping and add a few extra for trade?

fallnhorse

I have to confess I'm a xena killer. I had a stone with 6 pom poms on it. They all die within week. One by one. Rest of the coral is doing great. Have toadstool mushroom, zoos mushrooms, sps(little one on live rock, getting bigger) and course the chili.
Maybe will have better luck now. What kind of xena?
If you have messenger msn I'm at chuckcriss@hotmail.com

seannmelly

interested in the chili and im in new york. i have a bunch of pulsing xenia a nice piece of gsp and just plain live rock to trade. let me know what you would like to do? we could meet 1/2 way or something or ship.

fallnhorse

yep yep....i'm just little slow this week getting ready for hunting season. archery. sorry. i'm really interesting in trading for some pulsing coral. Would trade some python zoo for little gps too if possible or something. Would be cool to meet half way long as i'm not too far away. even so a drive is nice once in a while.
Sorry camera is fuzzy and i got feather duster all over my glass.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by fallnhorse
yep yep....i'm just little slow this week getting ready for hunting season. archery. sorry. i'm really interesting in trading for some pulsing coral. Would trade some python zoo for little gps too if possible or something. Would be cool to meet half way long as i'm not too far away. even so a drive is nice once in a while.
Sorry camera is fuzzy and i got feather duster all over my glass.

i have tons of pulsing xenia that we could trade i live in amsterdam ny and we could meet 1/2 way or something let me know