red foot moon snail?

B

b.b.bigbrother

I got three and did'nt like them much they where very clumsy and fell all the time,landed on there back. "I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP"
:D

striker

I had one for about 2 weeks and it pulled itself in and eventually died. I didn't know anything about the temps. My tank is always at 80degrees. Now I atleast know why it died.

rockster

I highly recommend red-banded snails from anchofish, they are amazingly fast in eating film algae and are very hardy too. Compared to turbos, these snails are 10 times faster. I have seen 2 baby snails under my rocks while rearranging. :)

crazyelvis

I have a red foot moon that I go about 3 months ago... It is doing fine, my temp is 78 and never moves from that... It seems to work just as fast as a mexican turbo ... But is much cooler looking ...

B

bt_1999_66

Good and Bad....!
Extremely fast algea eaters.... It passed about 2 months after introducing...
Could have been the temp thus I keep my reef at 79-80 degrees.... However, A month after I got him... I had ordered a cleaning crew, by then there was ZERO algea in the tank... Could it have been that it starved...?

slk's reef

I had a few Red Foot snails and the would fall over and since they are so big they cant get back up and will die.

god for cold water tanks.my friend and i went to ctalina got a bunch of critter and put them in the warm water.the red foots died but the whelks lived and some hermits.i agree with b.b. they always fall over and cant get up