Red hair like algea how to get rid of it?

chevcam

:mad: Does anyone know how to get rid of this red hair like algea, not sure what it is called but it also looks like little bubbles.It seems to spread all over the tank and consumes my live rock and sand??

murph

Red slime is common in newer set ups.
Cures; cut down on lighting hours, water changes to remove nutrients (must use ro/di water) and more flow.
My guess is more flow. If you look where its growing heaviest you will probably also notice that these are the dead spots in your tank where flow is low. Position you PHs deeper in the tank making sure that there are no dead spots and provide at least 15 to 20 times turn over. Red slime hates current.
I had some growing in my DT and increasing flow as described above pretty much eliminated it. Now the only place it grows is in my fuge where the extended lighting hours and lower flow exist. This I have cured by having two separate areas for my macros to grow. One in the 30 gallon fuge and one in a partitioned area of my sump. For a month they grow in the 30g fuge the next month I take them out prune them down and move them and there lighting to the partitioned area of my sump to grow. Rotating them out like this cuts down on nuisance algae in both areas.