Red Scooter with a Brown Scooter

blademaster

I got a red scooter blenny from a friend who had to sell his tank about a month ago. i already had a brown scooter in my tank and at first they seemed not to bother each other and eating frozen brine. but now the red one has started to chase the brown one around. im pretty sure there is enough LR and pods in the tank and they both will eat frozen brine so i dont think it a food thing. the brown scooter is bigger then the red one and i think they are females.

mr. limpid

Since they both are competing for the same food they may and will fight. Just keep plenty of of food available to lessen the aggression. Also I would witch the brian to mysis much better for them.

novahobbies

With two dragonets of similar species and same sex, it's a good chance you're going to continue to have aggression issues due to the food source. You should definitely work on getting them to eat frozen mysis, but you may always have this issue. If it continues I would consider removing one of them and returning to the LFS. See if you can get a male instead.