Red Sea Berlin Skimmer-Orange Co. NY

edcook

Used Red Sea Berlin protein skimmer, needs to be cleaned, no pump. $50 Pick up or buyer pays shipping.

edcook

You could use it as a hang on, if you attach a couple of elbows on the return and intake ports, (see page 7 of the manual) but it's big. It's about 6" in diameter, and the base is about 8"x8", so you'd need a bunch of clearance behind your tank.
As far as the pump goes, Red Sea recommends their "Berlin" pump, but the specs state that any pump that produces 500 GPH and 10 ft. of pressure (or 4.3 psi) will do fine. The Red Sea pump goes for about $50 at most places, but you can find other pumps that meet the specs for $25 and up.
I have the manual for it, and it can also be found online here-
Berlin Skimmer Manual

horsin1963

I thought i would help you out on the sale of your skimmer... I use this same skimmer on my 220 gal reef. I have mine hooked with a "T" connection on a rio 900 gal p/h pump it does a great job. water pumps from the sump into the skimmer and returns to sump and to DT.. it states on my skimmer that it is rated for a 25-250 gallon tank I can tank a picture of that you you want. this is a very easy skimmer to take apart to clean and I havent had not one problem with mine.... knock on wood... worth every bit of what he is asking. I would buy for a backup but I allready have another of the same skimmers, paid alot more for mine.. good skimmer and easy to clean... with the right connection you can hook up to hang on but its a large skimmer... hope this helps you.. PM me if you want pics of mine and the hook up..

horsin1963

I had to say again it is rated for a 25 to 250 gallon says it right on the side of the skimmer on a sticker, he didnt get a picture of it. the little white button 3/4 of the way up on it adjusts the air flow into it, also its a tripple pass system.. look at the manual you will see what I am talking about..

horsin1963

edcook, please call me 315-724-8033 hm or my cell 315-542-7558 had a few things that I wanted to ask you about this skimmer and about a silver tip shark and if your were able to get one. snail mail is lstrawn@verizon.net Brian

edcook

Horsin, thank you for helping, that's pretty awesome of you. I'll call you tonight after work. As far as the silvertip goes, I got mine at the local Petsmart. They're hit or miss, but they usually have some. I think it was about $6.50.
Alistair, I live right next door in Warwick.

horsin1963

Just another pic for them remember this is on my skimmer that is hook up to a 220g tank. its hard to see in the picture how tight and the quanity of bubbles but they are there in the pic. if it works as good as mine its well worth the price one more thing for the buyers if they want to research price of a new unit, search this site under aquarium supplies they sell them here new..

edcook

Originally Posted by justilorah
http:///forum/post/2549597
still f/s???
Yes, it's still for sale. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I've been very busy with work this week. I'll send you a pm with my phone number if you'd like to talk about it.