Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Hi all,
I am just wondering if anyone is currently using this salt or has used it in the past. I have two buckets on order and am just curious about how it works. I am currently using Reef Crystals and dont have any problems with it, but just want to get more elements in the tank without dosing. Thanks for the help.

veni vidi vici

I use it,and like it.
Here are my reading on a fresh batch of SW.
Temp =75 deg
Sg.=1.026
Calcium=460ppm
Alkalinity=2.5
Magnesium=1250

ameno

Have not used it but from a testing that was done recently on different salt mixes a lot of things ran close to the same as reef crystals. a few differences is average for reef crystals cal.341.5, alk 3.1, red sea cal.399, alk. 2.1
this was done with a sg of 1.025

bonebrake

I have always used regular Red Sea and recently bought four buckets of the Red Sea Coral Pro and just finished my first bucket. It is good salt. The alkalinity is a little low at 2.5 meq/L, but I bump it up to 4.0 meq/L with a little baking soda right before the change.

ecooper

I moved from Instant Ocean to Instant Ocean Reef to Red Sea to Red Sea Coral Pro. I use RO water and it's supposedly made for RO water. My corals seem to do great, but I also use Sea Lab 28 replenisher blocks.

B

bonita69

I was using Just Red Sea just over 3 yrs, now I am on my first bucket of Red Sea Pro Love it so far!

ameno

I'm going to try coralife, from the testing it had some very good numbers all around. with cal. average 453 and alk avg. 2.9. and all the other numbers came out better then any of the other mixes.

saltn00b

i have been using red sea pro for 2.5 years or so now. i think its a great salt. if you have any sort of coral bio load , it wont matter what salt you use, you will still need to dose calc and alk and mg.

ameno

from the testing red sea coral pro was a good salt. but coralife came out best. true you still need to add cal. in some form if you have a heavily loaded tank, but starting out with a salt that has the cal. were you want it alone with alk. and mag. to me is better then having to buffer it up to start with then trying to maintain. there are other factor such as ammonia, no2 and no3, phosphates, and more that play into the mix. Not saying the red sea coral pro is not good, it is much better then reef crystals that I was using.
Here is were I found the info on salts if anyone is interested
http://reefsatlanalysis.googlepages....lysis_0208.pdf

moneyman

I am thinking of jumping ship on IO/Reef Crystal also. Their boron level is too high masking the carbonate alkalinity usable by coral.