Red Sea Max Reef Aquarium???

S

sexyshrimp101

Originally Posted by zj4play
Mines glass
Huh, interesting...ya learn something new everyday
...especially on this forum

bruck

i paid 599. tank 139. stand and 45 on 4 casters for bottom of cabinet. i got hardwood throughout house and might need to move once in a while.the red sea is all 8mm glass tank not acrylic. .

S

sexyshrimp101

Originally Posted by bruck
i paid 599. tank 139. stand and 45 on 4 casters for bottom of cabinet. i got hardwood throughout house and might need to move once in a while.the red sea is all 8mm glass tank not acrylic. .
Maybe I should read a little more carefully...oops...I thought it was acrylic, my bad.
That was how much I saw it for online. I figured with the good lighting and protein skimmer built in, it made it a pretty good price if all of the equipment worked well and as it should.

rad

My LFS has one set up and it looks amazing. By far the best 'nano' Ive ever seen. The $600 price tag does have its down sides though. I bought my 24g for $150 with stand. Used of course. Id rather go with a deal than all the bells and whistles, unless you have tons of cash to throw around and in that case I can gladly give you my home address and you can send some there. :jumping: But if you do end up going with the redsea Im sure you will love it. I know I spend extra long looking at that tank when I go to my lfs.

bruck

yeah i didnt get any killer deals. i just thought with the lighting it had compred to others, built in skimmer ,plus heater. and the fact it just looked a little bigger and neater(in my eyes of course.) that it was the better of the ones there to choose from.
Rob

S

sexyshrimp101

Originally Posted by rad
My LFS has one set up and it looks amazing. By far the best 'nano' Ive ever seen. The $600 price tag does have its down sides though. I bought my 24g for $150 with stand. Used of course. Id rather go with a deal than all the bells and whistles, unless you have tons of cash to throw around and in that case I can gladly give you my home address and you can send some there. :jumping: But if you do end up going with the redsea Im sure you will love it. I know I spend extra long looking at that tank when I go to my lfs.
I definitely won't have any extra cash after this hobby sucks the life out of my bank account
It's ok though, i'm sure it will be well worth it.
I wish my lfs had a set up because I would really love to see one in person. The pics that have been posted so far though have done a fantastic job of giving me a really good idea.
The one thing about the "bells and whistles" is that I don't have to pick out all of that stuff myself seperately. It's been hard enough for me to pick out just the size tank and whether I want to a regular tank or a reef ready, let alone having to choose everything else that it needs. I am a very indecisive person...hopefully it will pay off in this hobby since it is taking me so long. The more research the better I suppose :happyfish

S

sexyshrimp101

yeah i didnt get any killer deals. i just thought with the lighting it had compred to others, built in skimmer ,plus heater. and the fact it just looked a little bigger and neater(in my eyes of course.) that it was the better of the ones there to choose from.
Rob
You sound like me. The lighting, the built in skimmer, and the size really drew me in. I just like the whole set up in general really. It is all so neat and tidy. I just hope it isn't too good to be true and all of those great extras don't crap out in a few months. But from what you've told me of your experiences so far, it sounds like a sure thing.

bruck

Sexy, so far so good, but i have only had it for a little over three weeks so time will tell. the brand name red sea makes other pumps plus skimmers so i figured they should have a handle on that part and the tank is very thick heavy glass so im not to worried about that either. you could always try used like someone said they did earlier and have plenty of cash for repairs or upgrades. im already learning this hobby will get your money one way or another no use of hiding

Rob

S

sexyshrimp101

Sexy, so far so good, but i have only had it for a little over three weeks so time will tell. the brand name red sea makes other pumps plus skimmers so i figured they should have a handle on that part and the tank is very thick heavy glass so im not to worried about that either. you could always try used like someone said they did earlier and have plenty of cash for repairs or upgrades. im already learning this hobby will get your money one way or another no use of hiding

Rob
I will probably end up going with a new one hoping that their will be no need for repairs for a while since it is new (fingers crossed). But I will still keep an eye out for decent used ones as well. Since it will be my first tank, I would like to try and steer clear of as many problems as possible including tank equipment malfunctions.
Good luck with your tank, and like I said, try and keep my updated every now and then, I would love to know how things are working out. It doesn't seem to look like very many people have this particular model.

bruck

i will keep you updated. and yes i sounded exactly like you before deciding on this one. youll enjoy wichever tank you get im sure, and good luck to ya.

Rob

S

sexyshrimp101

i will keep you updated. and yes i sounded exactly like you before deciding on this one. youll enjoy wichever tank you get im sure, and good luck to ya.

Rob
Sounds great :jumping: Thanks

S

sexyshrimp101

zj4play, your rock work looks fantastic :cheer: . I would like mine to look similar to yours, sort of the half circle shape. Your other pics are beautiful as well!!! Your guys' pics are making me even more excited to get mine. What fish and other corals are you going to put in it? Just curious as to what you may be doing with your 29 gallon.

zj4play

Hey, thanks for the comments...I am still working on the rock setup. I like the semicircle in the middle, but I am still not too sure about the vertical rock in the middle. I am still in the planning stage on what type of fish I want so I will let you know. I really want to get some more color in there too!
I have a thread going out there somewhere...I am trying to keep a diary of my tank. I need to update it with the new pics but you might want to check it out

S

sexyshrimp101

Originally Posted by zj4play
Hey, thanks for the comments...I am still working on the rock setup. I like the semicircle in the middle, but I am still not too sure about the vertical rock in the middle. I am still in the planning stage on what type of fish I want so I will let you know. I really want to get some more color in there too!
I have a thread going out there somewhere...I am trying to keep a diary of my tank. I need to update it with the new pics but you might want to check it out

I will definitely check out the thread

zj4play

Thanks for the comments Auto...I never really noticed that. I guess there are not many people into fish around here. Or its just were lucky to be buy the beach