red sea max

superman59

i was at my lsf and they had the red sea max nano. I like the set-up alot but Im not sure If it is worth the money. what does everyone think about the price of 599 plus stand?

mushroomss

if it is a 24 gallon nano that is a terrible price.jbj makes an excellent cube for around 220.or you can buy it with metal halide for about 350 which is a steal.give more info on the redsea cube so we can really understand if it is a good deal.

mojo46825

the sea max is a good setup if its what you want. I have the 24g nano jbj. Its a nice setup. However the price I paid off a popular auction place on the net was 260 with the stand shipped to my door. Not too bad. Then add $125 for the skimmer. And how about another $250 for the Hqi conversion.So add it up.I have a 24g nano with a built in 70watt Hqi aqualine 10k bulb and a saphire skimmer. Its turned into over $600 to get it the way i wanted. Wish a I would of waited and bought the new one they have coming out. The 28g from jbj with the MH lights. Just my opinion.

superman59

the red sea is a 34g with 2 55 t-5 compacts,a skimmer and built in timer. do you have any more info on the new jbj nano?

mushroomss

sorry mojo but you jumped the gun and dident shop around,i have a 24 gallon nano cube 150 watt metal halide and skimmer that cost me 350 so yea

mojo46825

yea i did but i have exactly what i want now. so i guess thats all that matters. I have athe stock lid so very little evap ect...