Red Sea Max

chris0799

ok so ive heard that the red sea max is a totally stress free reef aquarium. is this true? is it really the easiest thing out there? or is there a cheaper thing that i can get that is just as good? if there is soething else can someone give me a list of things that i would have to get equipment wise. bc if i can get something bigger and better that cost less then i would rather do that. any suggestions?
right now i hve a 2 biocube and i want to upgrade to something better in the futer so i needd to know what i need to be saving for.

hlcroghan

Yeppers the RSM is the prolly the most high quality easiest tank there is. If I had the money I would have it for sure...you can't really mod them much though if that bothers you...

fcatch76

Hey,
I have the RSM 250 (65 gallon) and by no means are they "stress free". Great tanks, absolutely, but getting the flow direction just right and dealing with the skimmer and adjustments...
. As much of a headache a my BC 29 and 14. The great thing is the all in one convenience. Modding may be difficult, but I just added a JBJ reaction canister to help with my bioload and having the attachments for the chiller made the install of the JBJ much cleaner. I've been messing around with the filter chambers to get the purigen and chemipure in.
Oh and temp, they say a ambient room temp of 72 F will keep the tank at the 78 F range w/out using the auxillary fans. WRONG, even with central air cooling the house, I have to run the cooling fans 24/7 and the tank goes from 78 to 80 after the lights come on, sometime 81 or 82.
Skimmer, if not properly tuned ALL THE TIME, will release a ton on micro bubbles and at times will wet foam so much that it spills over in the main tank.
So for the all in one"ness", I love it. The look and layout- fantastic. But just like anything else, its still a SW fish tank that needs attention!
HTH