red sea prizim

anamilasti

i just bought a read sea prizim delux protien skimmer. it comes with a black bag of stuff. its not labeled. im 99.9% shure its charcoal. so should i put it into the media bay of the skimer? what are the advantages of using it?

theappe

the black stuff is carbon. Supposedly it makes water clearer and eliminated odor. (btw i have a prizm too) What kinda filtration are you running???

degbowl

I have a question for either one of you. I have been running the prizm deluxe skimmer for 6 months. I have to clean the intake tube every month beacause it gets too noisy. I just cleaned it this month but now it is still noisy. Should just clean the whole skimmer? I might try to buy a skimmer that is quiet. I am only running it on a 30 gal, but I need one that is slim and hangs on back like the prizm deluxe. Sorry for jumping on this thread, but the noise is getting to me.

theappe

I really dont know what to tell you. It runs really quiet for me? I guess try cleaning the whole thing but the only bad thing about it is that it will need to break in again