Red Sea Protien Skimmer

coderad

Has any use the red sea skimmer it is one of the cheaper ones, just wanna know how well it works.

ben-heart

I'm using the Red Sea Deluxe Skimmer but I can't really answer your question as I'm soooo new at this. I just set up my tank last Fri. I bought mine from a pet store that was going out of business. They claimed that items over 100.00 were 50% off and this skimmer was originally sold for 200.00. I was sure that they marked up the price just to get the original cost. I asked them to check the price, was told it really sold for 250.00! B.S. I did pay the 100.00 anyway because she threw in a few items and the LR was a deal. I checked prices online and found the range to buy it was 100.00-130.00. Is this what you found?

stanlalee

Originally Posted by ben-heart
I'm using the Red Sea Deluxe Skimmer but I can't really answer your question as I'm soooo new at this. I just set up my tank last Fri. I bought mine from a pet store that was going out of business. They claimed that items over 100.00 were 50% off and this skimmer was originally sold for 200.00. I was sure that they marked up the price just to get the original cost. I asked them to check the price, was told it really sold for 250.00! B.S. I did pay the 100.00 anyway because she threw in a few items and the LR was a deal. I checked prices online and found the range to buy it was 100.00-130.00. Is this what you found?
well it doesn't retail for $200 but you paid the typical street price.
As far as how good it is it gets mixed reviews like most $100 skimmers. One of my LFS uses the pro size on its large tanks and it seems to pull out some nasty skimate.