Red Slime Algae

wildjosh

I just got back from a 4 day vacation to Red Slime Algae all over my subsrate and on the walls and some rock. What should I do? I was told by a friend that Red Slime Algae is real bad news, so i'm a little nervous. All my fish seem fine and my inverts as well. Please Help me

kevin34

I had a little bit of red slime and did weekly water changes. it went away pretty fast. just keep the water quality up and have lots of flow in the areas the slime is in. maybe cut down on your lights too for a few days.

fish addict

I had black slime algae and I fixed it by getting a few more snails, increased flow, and water changes. It went away pretty fast.

fish addict

I had black slime algae and I fixed it by getting a few more snails, increased flow, and water changes. It went away pretty fast.
EDIT: I just realized I said pretty much the same exact thing as Kevin34!

ninjamini

NO NO NO
Increase flow and decrease nutrients. Either through less feeding, less light or more water changes. It a bacteria that wont grow in fast moving water.

mr_x

Originally Posted by ninjamini
http:///forum/post/2711094
NO NO NO
Increase flow and decrease nutrients. Either through less feeding, less light or more water changes. It a bacteria that wont grow in fast moving water.
+1
i think i answered this post in another spot?