Red slime remover effects has this happened to you

jjlittle

I had a little red slime buildign in my refrug so I treated the tank. By the next morning my skimmer was going mad making way to many bubbles and filling the cup in minutes had to cut the air flow way back this ever happen to any on else and how long does it last 3 days later still doing it. Shoudl I also do a larger water change this week or does the remover need to stay present for any lengh of time the direction were not all that clear? Thanks

matty0h_52

i use a simalar product and the skimmer allso went crazy!! very crazy but if you read the directions i should say to turn down the skimmer. The one i used it said to do a 20% water change after 24hours and if you still have slime to repeat the proccess.
I would say though that this is a good remedy if you have looked into the problem futher. I think instead of useing this you should find out why your getting the slime or cyno all over the plave. Wether it be flow, over feeding, lighting schedule or what. IMO :joy:

jjlittle

It was only in the refrug and I tried it all I boosted teh flow change light time all perameters are perfect and it would only be in the refrug not the main tank at all. So i figured I'd give it a try and all it said if it was still there after 48 hours to retreat didn't say nothing other then that besides it would not harm corals,inverts.etc. stuff worked great though.

matty0h_52

thats what said on mine too but you can never be too shure untill u try it. well i would wait 48 hours try vavumeing or netting allot of it out then i would do a 10% watter change or 20%