reddish algae (not cyno)

afboundguy

Well I have this reddish algae that is not cyno because. I never had it untill I put in the Marco Dry rock and my in tank fuge with macro. I'm thinking it's coming from the fuge because the inside of the fuge is coated in it. It doesn't seem to be invasive and doesn't spread that fast much slower than normal algea that comes on the glass. It is starting to cover up some coraline algea on some of the older more establish rocks. It is a little difficult to scrub off from the rocks. It scrubs off on the glass like normal algea. Here's some pics with my horrible camera. The second picture is in the back corner of the glass. Any thoughts? I know its not asparagopsis taxiformis because it's not hairlike. I'm going to take a small piece of encrusted rock to my LFS today to have him take a look.

sk8shorty01

So why do you say you are positive it is not cyano? I just wanted to know what it is about this specific algea that eliminated that one from the posibilities.

afboundguy

I've had cyno before 2 or 3 times in the 5+ years I've had the tank up. This algae is more like normal green/brown algae except red. It is not stringy and easy to remove from surfaces like cyno.