Reef Crystal Salt

So I bought some of the Reef Crystal salt for my water changes. Should I still be dosing with calcium and other trace elements?

streetdoc

It all depends on your parameters. I have had differnet batches of the same brand of salt with different levels of Ca, Mg, etc. I dose according to tank test results. Hope this helps

J

jrthomas40

dose it based on tank results...first time i used it calcium was always around 360

rs1831

Depends on what you have in your tank. If you have a lot of corals that need calcium then most likely yes.

D

dennis210

By all means yes, but only dose what you test for. I use -- salt and though it has been better than the IO - I still find it falls short of the mark!

ameno

-- does fall short on calcium, I just switched from -- to coralife and so far am happy with the results, like already stated if you have some high calcium demanding corals you will need to boost the cal. in reef crystals. FYI I just did a water change with the coralife, and tested before adding to the tank, cal. was 450ppm, alk 2.6 to 2.8 mg/l, and mag. was 1360.