reef foundation pro kit

matt48

hey Yall well Im having a hard time reading my red sea test kit for Ca,KH, and Mg any help would be great. when I fill the syring to 1.0 ml there is an air pock should I pull it all the way up till liqued hits the mark.

lmforbis

That I am not sure of. I use salifert tests which go by the amount remaining not the amount used.. There should be a table in the instructions.

geridoc

Hold the syringe vertically, outlet up, and draw in a little more air. Then tap the side of the syringe to dislodge the air bubble on the plunger so that it rises up to the outlet, then expel the air by slightly depressing the plunger. It isn't really necessary, though, since the amount displayed as the plunger moves does indicate the amount dispensed, but if you are uncomfortable with that, use the vertical syringe trick.

lmforbis

That work as long as you take extra liquid in. The plunger needs to be at the correct mark when you begin the titration or the results will be wrong.

So after they change colors I count how much I used and that gives me my reading
I use these test kits and yes you calculate how much you have used. They work pretty well.

Also the air bubble will not effect the test results as the tip is not part of the 1ml the syringe holds only the body of the syringe. But if it makes you feel better then tap the air out and make sure you refill the syringe back to 1ml the remaining fluid will still be in the tip where the air bubble was in the first place so either way you still have 1ml