Reef Fusion

I went to a new LFS today and they said I should try Sea chem's Reef Fusion that it was better than Kent's A&B. I have always used Kent's. Have any of you tried either of these this products? If so what is your opinion on them.

btldreef

They basically all do the same thing. I'm not a fan of BIOnic because I think they're batches are inconsistent, but most on the market are all the same thing, calcium is calcium. Personally, I think SeaChem makes better products than Kent does.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Tang lover1961
http:///forum/post/3298546
Thanks BTLDREEF I bought it but I haven't used it yet. I wanted to get everyone's opinion's first.
Did a little research ... They claim that it mixes better than other brands in a 1:1 ratio. I know that some brands, specifically Brightwell's can almost never be used in a 1:1 ration, I always end up with WAY more Ca left over at the end of a month and my Alk buffer container is depleted. I would use it and try it out and post up your numbers. I'm really curious, because I'm in the market for a new two part, mine is almost empty...

There will be a delay in posting my reading's I have to get a new test kit went to my LFS and all of their kit are expired I ordered a new one online it won't be here till Friday or Monday. BLTDreef how often do you add your two part to your tank this one says to add every day or every 2 days?

btldreef

Every tank is different when it comes to two parts and what's needed. I was using Coralife for a long time because of some issues and needed way more alk buffer than ca, so it was never even and the alk needed to be added at 15mL per day.
I've recently switched salts to AquaVitro Salinity and thus far have not seen a need to buffer, but I probably will start to do it every 3 days and see how things go after I go one more week with this salt and seeing how parameters are first.

Sorry late getting results my test kit was late getting here.So far my test have been the same readings each time i have tested Calcium 520 and alkalinity 12. I have been dosing 2 times a week.