Reef Lighting ?

capt.fish

I have had a FOWLR for 2 years .It is O.K but am ready to do a reef i have a 105 Gallon Oceanic 48" long .I will start off with easy corals but will get the more difficult like clams and stuff later as i learn more and can take care of them.I want a light that can be used for all of this.i have been checking on prices but not sure what i can get by with.Are the 48" Jebo new 2007 model lights work 2 - 65 wt day 2 true 65 wt actinic 03 4 blue moon led lights with fan ? I can get 2 of these for less than i can get a 48" coralife.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

yerboy

if you want to keep clams in that i doubt that lighting would work. your gonna want more intense light for clams and such. look at getting a halide setup maybe 2x250w maybe less. im sure others on here will point you in a better direction then myself.
Goodluck

joncat24

check out the Odyssea metal halide units.
You can get 2x250 with actincs and leds for like $330, and you will be able to keep anything you want. The lights get a bad knock because of past models. But they are awesome lights and can't be beat for the price.
I have the 1134 watt 72" on my 180 and I love it.

capt.fish

Originally Posted by joncat24
check out the Odyssea metal halide units.
You can get 2x250 with actincs and leds for like $330, and you will be able to keep anything you want. The lights get a bad knock because of past models. But they are awesome lights and can't be beat for the price.
I have the 1134 watt 72" on my 180 and I love it.
Hi, Thanks do you have a name of a site that sells this unit ?