Reef Octopus BH-1000

ivan m

Yours is set up correctly, if you used the sponges on the left side you will NOT get any micro bubbles, or just a few if any. These skimmers really run great, super quiet and get the job done.

3dees

thanks Ivan. I'm getting a little brown water. I'm a bit confused as to how high or low to put the cup. I have it pretty high right now. I had it lower at first, but it seemed to fill up with too much water.

ivan m

You will get the hang of it, it looks like you have it figured out already. Too much water raise it up,. Also what i did with mine is i took it apart and every connection i used teflon tape to guarantee it wont leak. It is most likely NOT necessary but i rather be on the safe side. And you know the long white rubber, you can cut about 2 inches of it so that it will NEVER kink, out of the box it is a little too long and with the weight of the black gadget that quiets it down it can bend too much and eventually kink. Just a small tip i saw on youttube.

silverado61

I lucked out. Aqua Cave is about 3 miles from my house. I just order and pay online. If it's in stock, I pick it up the same day. No shipping. SWEET!
I have the BH1000 HOB on my 36g bowfront. Along with my ex70 power filter, I get triple zeros and my 5g water changes are down to twice a month.
I do have a question though, I'm planning to build a 75g bowfront as a FOWLR but I'm not putting in a lot of fish. 1 tang, 1 trigger, maybe an eel. But mostly inverts. Can I use the BH1000 as a HOB on a sump or should I plan on getting a different skimmer? The 75g is predrilled for a sump system.