REEF or An EMPEROR ANGEL ???

scubadoo

Originally Posted by peter1215
Scuba
can i put a 3-5 emperor in a 120g five foot tank ? i will eventually get a 180 down the road
IMO it is always best to wait until you have the appropriate set-up to house the animal to adulthood. Plans and situations often change.

R

rei511

i say get another tank! you can have the best of both worlds! you can never have too many......

jacknjill

emperor angel, hes to be my fav fish of all time. i want one so bad, but my tank is too small and i love my corals. when i upgrade, i may risk a small one and keep it well fed, and see if i can convince it that it definately does not like the taste of corals lol.

scubadoo

No, I do not have a reef set-up...never have and never will because I prefer fish that are imcompatable with a reef set-up.
here is what you have working against you...The angel will most likely eat some of your corals, the size dictates it may not adapt to captivity well, and your system is borderline or too small to house the animal.
I'd pass.

yupi1982

thanks Scuba, is just that last year an had fish only and i had my emperor and a mysterouois fungus emptu my tank , after that i decide to do something new and to star a Reef , but since las week my memories of Coco ( my old emperor ) star scratching my head ......

i hate to say it but you are right this new fish is to big and the chances are to small for him to forget that corals are a meal and instead taking them as f4riends...
not likely!!

grat post

angelsrock

Originally Posted by yupi1982
Hi People i have a 125 G tank with about 20 corals and lots of live rock
and i just saw my favorite fish for $100 in my local store a :scared: 7 inches EMPEROR ANGEL :happyfish
what would you do?????? :notsure:
PLEASE I NEED AN ADVICE FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I AM KILING MISELF !!!

take the chance knowing that he may eat my corals or keep my REEF in peace!! :help:
it will definitely be worth getting the fish but i would get a 3-4 inch so wait till you see a juvy. he may or may not eat your corals. if you have polyps, most likely, or sponges too. either way if he does, i would still go for the fish over corals.

mudhauler

My juvy aclimated vrey nicely from SWF 49.00 he's grown an inch in about 2 months. He's nailed my zoas a few times but he hasn't cleaned them out and mostly ignores them. I think you're making the right choice passing on him get a little guy they don't miss the wide open ocean as much. Good Luck