Reef Packages

C

cotti

Hey I'm thinking about buying a reef package as well as some live rock off swf.com, who has bought either and how did it turn out? :thinking:

ray28576

Originally Posted by cotti
Hey I'm thinking about buying a reef package as well as some live rock off swf.com, who has bought either and how did it turn out? :thinking:
I have bought both, and they are both really great deals. The LR I got was some years back. It was florida keys LR. Now I think they only sale Fiji, but I'm not sure. So I don't really know how that LR is.

jcolec

I've bought both Live Rock and a small reef package from swf.com.
The live rock was very nice.
As far as the reef packages go - make sure they're the critters you want. For example, they put Coral Banded Shrimp in their packages, which is fine is that's what you would have bought on your own. Also the Brittle Stars (to my wife anyway) are a little creepy looking but suppossedly excellent cleaners.
I will say that they do an excellent job of shipping and following their acclimation procedures I didn't have any problems.

S

sinner's girl

I'd pick your own inverts...not all the inverts in the reef packages go together or should go in that size of tank.
example, for the 20-55 package they give two brittles, these stars get huge...and would out grow a 20-55gl tank.
in the 55-100 Gallon Reef Package they put CBS and peppermint shrimp together, the CBS will eat the peppermint shrimp.
So, if you're ordering inverts for one tank, just pick what you want, and make sure they're compatiable with each other and your tank set up.