reef pictures, 3 months old

meadbhb

Hiya,
Well, here's my tank at three months old. I just added some corals to the tank the other day. I've only got one fish in there, a scooter blenny (please no flames, I know better now). Otherwise, there's some turbo's, emeralds, nassarius and some red legged hermits.

legion

Very nice, keep an eye on the plant. It will grow like crazy. Oh yah, I would say ricordia, I have fuzzy and yours look more like ricordia, could use a little better pic, but hey my camera sucks so..... I couldn't do better:joy:

D

dboy999

opinons are like a holeswe all got em could use some more live rock an that scooters gonna die in weeks should get one without atleast a year established tank ...not enough pods an such for him..take him back

looking nice. yes they do look more like rics then shrooms. and that macro will grow like mad if you dont watch it, can over run a tank. that "rabbit ear" looks alot like a thin finger leather. dont know if it is, but here is a pic of our thin finger back when we got it. its now HUGE, with about 15 "arms" growing off the main stem, looks like a tree now.

meadbhb

Hiya,
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I still haven't mastered my camera. It's supposed to be one of the really good ones, but I noticed the pictures were only at 120 pixels. Got to figure out how to increase it. We bought an off the shelf demo, so we didn't get the operation book.
I trim the macro back when it gets kinda leggy. Though, I haven't trimmed the kelp back. It seems to have stopped growing. All my plants came in on my live rock.
My store's had pretty good luck with getting their scooters to eat processed foods, so I'm hoping that mine will switch. If not, he'll be doomed...unless I can convince another store to take him.
I'd love to add more LR but no money right now for it. I've got a really good LFS 5 minutes from my house, so I can get LR and not worry about die off.
I'll have to do some more research on that leather and see if it's a finger or a rabbit ear. I take it the pimples are noraml on these guys?
Meadbhb

C

caryn_ia

The 'pimples' are unextended polyps. They should become larger and give the coral an almost fuzzy look, like Powder's. I'm not sure about the sp. as far as rabbit ears go, I wonder if it's a common name for something else?

meadbhb

Hiya,
Great...then I won't worry about the pimples. Hope they all come out soon so I can really see what it looks like. Not sure what it really is then, they had it labled a rabbit ear.
StreetDoc, that's the reflection of a turbo I think. Scooter is the only fish that's ever been in that tank.
Meadbhb

B

big911dog

i dont know if u were asking, but pic #6 "just a random picture" looks like halimeda to me, not kelp. its actually a calcarous (sp?) algae.

meadbhb

Hiya,
Big911, I thought the Kelp was the large brown algea in picture #1 and #2. It has air sacks at the top of it. However, I am no were near an expert on SW.
Meadhbh