Reef rock?

joe____17

On a recent trip to petsmart i saw a few bags of something called reef rock. I guess its essentially dead coral so you can use it as live rock. Anyone ever see this or buy any? Im getting more live rock soon but can i keep this stuff as well?

florida joe

It may be Aqua Reef Rock, which is also referred to as Aqua Bio Rock, is a ceramic product for your freshwater and saltwater marine aquariums. It is designed to complement and reduce the amount of natural live filter reef rock in Aquariums.

jdl

Originally Posted by joe____17
http:///forum/post/2938854
On a recent trip to petsmart i saw a few bags of something called reef rock. I guess its essentially dead coral so you can use it as live rock. Anyone ever see this or buy any? Im getting more live rock soon but can i keep this stuff as well?
i've used it from other stores. The stuff i used was just hardened dead coral. I used it as base rock. If i took it out of my tank now you wouldnt be able to tell the difference from any other piece of LR in my tank. It is all covered in coraline now except the white parts that are in the sand.