Reef Safe Gobies???

xokarmaxo

Originally Posted by joojoo

Pink Spotted Watchman Goby... eating a Firefish... This is a little disturbing to me.
Poor firefish....

nygel

did you read it though? They believe the firefish died long before, if you can't tell by the pic, the firefish is very pale, so I gaurentee it was eating a dead fish.... which I guess is kinda wierd too, but I bet it didn't kill it.

joojoo

Well, as the story goes: After he added 4 firefish, one disappeared the same day, this was the second one that disappeared.

mtennant

Ummm you know I had about 11 of the Firefish.. And slowly thay all disappeared... I don't know why... I didn't even found the bodys
But now after seeing that pic... :thinking: I'm starting to think my big Yellow Watchman Goby ate them... He is about 4" or 5". Now after 4 mouths I have only one left... :notsure: Maybe it could be true?

puffer32

I had the same goby thats in that pic, and i acclaimated him in same bucket as a small FF, and when i went to check on them in the bucket, the FF was gone. No he did not jump out of the bucket, it was a tall bucket and nothing on the floor, and i never had the bucket out of my sight. So it does happen. I really never liked him after that, and i never bought any small fish after that.

renogaw

another member said his pink/blue spotted ate a firefish...
they are carnivores...i'm sorta scared to add one now.