Reef Safe Ick treatment

S

summerdaze

Anyone know of a reef safe ick treatment? I am unable to catch the fish to QT them and I have a few corals and anenomes. thanks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look in the FAQ Thread at the top of the Disease Forum. There are some links to hobbyist experiences there.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by summerdaze
Anyone know of a reef safe ick treatment? I am unable to catch the fish to QT them and I have a few corals and anenomes. thanks
There are a few "reef safe" ich treatments. The problem is that the ich will always be in your system. None of them actually kill the ich, just keep it off of the fish. However, if one ich cyst can latch on and host a fish it will be able to breed. Take a look at the link Beth recomended and let us know what options you are left with. Remove your rock, inverts etc. Or catch your fish and treat them. There is nothing that will treat ich and your valuable inverts at the same time. Ich is an invert.

Q

qn5

try "Rivibe" It seems to be working. I'm on my 2nd day of the treatment. Things are starting to look better than before.

fishstix4u

chem marine! reef safe.. works... 100% worth every penny... if you cant find it locally google it! its made in Pittston Pa. where i live! made locally and it works... good luck... if you cant fine it the petzone stocks it maybe they will ship you some.....

saltydogz

I've had good luck with Ich Attack. Ich Attack treats diseases caused by ich, fungus, protozoans and dinoflagellates. It is safe for use in freshwater, saltwater (including reef and live rock aquariums) and in ornamental ponds.