$$ reef salt worth it?

xtreeme

Was getting oceanic but they sold out. They carry these now.
Tropic Marin salt (they said this is best)
Red Sea salt Coral Pro Salt
Instant Ocean Reef Crystal reef salt
Im switching salt so I can get Xenia later. Which would be best to use in this tank. Soft corals only with fish and rock.
I have instant ocean now. It has little foam things I have to get out of tank. To keep it dry I guess. Mixes ok but I use powerhead in the cooler.
Thanks

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by xtreeme
http:///forum/post/2680885
Was getting oceanic but they sold out. They carry these now.
Tropic Marin salt (they said this is best)
Red Sea salt Coral Pro Salt
Instant Ocean Reef Crystal reef salt
Im switching salt so I can get Xenia later. Which would be best to use in this tank. Soft corals only with fish and rock.
Thanks
All 4 of those salts are fine salts.And on a side note if by chance you are in my area you can have all the xenia i have in my tank.Im either giving it away or trading it for somethhing at LFS.

D

dennis210

I started out three years ago using Instant Ocean. Yes it was cheap, but it worked. After two years my calcium consumption rate was thruogh the roof so I switched to Reef Crystals. That had more calcium than Instant Ocean, but was still short of the mark (460) I like to keep tanks at. So now I use Oceanic mixed 50/50 with Reef Crystals and I has been working great for me.
The only problem is buying two 5's of salt and mixing them = 10 months to a year worth of water changes. Works out to about $10.00 a month in salt for water changes.

xtreeme

Thanks. After your comments and looking on google. I picked Tropic Marin.
Tropic Marin the best
Instant Ocean best value

xtreeme

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
http:///forum/post/2681212
All 4 of those salts are fine salts.And on a side note if by chance you are in my area you can have all the xenia i have in my tank.Im either giving it away or trading it for somethhing at LFS.
Im in pa. I would take it.